The Senior UNIX Systems Administrator will be handling highly complex incidents, problem tickets, environment and OS provisioning, configuration and completion of requests from local and on-shore users and related support and project tasks and will be working with the Design and Project teams as needed to determine if Projects/Requests require Standard Stack, New Architecture or New Design. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Perform 3rd level support for Linux, AIX and Solaris platforms
• Work with IT Governance as needed to determine if Projects/Requests require Standard Stack, New Architecture, or New Design.
• Provision UNIX/Linux (Solaris, AIX, SuSE/RedHat Linux) Operating System per design specifications.
• Install or assist with the installation of business applications/software.
• Installation of OS patches
• Perform Server Security Hardening
• Apply configuration change and required fix and patches to meet the ongoing customer, business, and technology requirements.
• Write basic/complex shell scripts for systems administration and automation.
• Conduct server maintenance and hardware replacements.
• Provide break-fix support and conduct vendor escalation when needed.
• Conduct root cause analysis and provide permanently fix on recurring problems and performance issues.